Current Job Opening - Occupancy Specialist HCV (Housing Choice Voucher)
Full time position with benefits. Salary is up to $50,000.
Some Duties Include:
- Performs complicated mathematical exercises, involving problem solving.
- Enters and retrieves information concerning applicants and tenants using a personal computer.
- Answers telephone inquiries and provides information as necessary.
- Observes strict confidentiality in maintaining restricted files and records.
- Performs Annual and Interim Recertifications of tenants.
- Ensures accuracy of information submitted by applicants.
- Processes and reviews applications for housing; calculates and verifies all sources of applicant’s income; determines eligibility.
- Calculates, and explains to applicant, the projected rent, utility allowances, payment standards and program requirements, as applicable, in assigned program.
- Prepares and processes paperwork relating to lease agreements and placements.
- Prepares and negotiates contract/lease packages.
- Processes HAP payments in HCV Program.
- Mediates tenant/landlord issues when appropriate in HCV Program.
- Provides information to the applicant concerning the rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the program and the Authority.
- Coordinates with HQS the scheduling of inspections of requested housing units; requests initial HQS inspection and follows up.
Some of Qualifications Include:
- Graduation from high school/GED required. Associates Degree in Business, Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or some closely related field preferred.
- HCV certification required within six months of date of employment
- Four (4) years full time work experience is required, with exposure to public agencies preferred, as an interviewer, involving public contact in the social services. Community group work experience desirable.
- Considerable knowledge of the function and organization of the Authority and its various departments
- Bilingual English/Spanish desirable
You may apply by emailing your resume toHACHrecruiting@hartfordhousing.org.
Deadline: Open Until Filled