Current Job Opening - Tenant Accounts Receivable Clerk
The Housing Authority of the City of Hartford
is looking for a
Tenant Accounts Receivable Clerk.
Full time position with benefits. Hourly rate is $21.9661.
Summary of Duties:
- Receives oral or written instructions from Supervisors.
- Collects rents from residents; walk up window receipting and drop box
- Applies payments (individual and batch receipting)
- Answers telephone inquiries for rent collections and accounting department as needed
- Maintains accurate balance sheet of payments received daily
- Assists with Rent Collections functions such as, invoice preparation for mailing, maintains filing system of postings and copies of checks up to date.
- Places monthly charges on tenant accounts as approved by supervisor
- Researches tenant accounts when there are issues regarding posting errors.
- Assists with the preparation of information for the Legal department, such as, monthly summons, weekly tenant breakdowns that are prepared every Friday, income information requested by the Legal Department for defaulted tenants, etc.
- Assists supervisor(s) with all delegated assignments.
- Performs the day-to-day printing process for the Accounts Receivables activity
- Maintains or verifies the calculations of accounts payable and/or receivable; codes payments and voucher numbers accounts before posting
- Posts control accounts to ledgers as needed by supervisor
- Pre-audits receiving reports for accuracy of items delivered and authorized signatures
- Checks invoices for proper budget codes, correct unit prices and discounts;
- Computes receiving reports and invoices for accuracy of amounts disbursed; prepares summaries for supervisor
- Adheres to fiscal controls.
- Under supervision, investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders.
- Maintains accounts payables and receivables databases; analyzes data and prepares standard and ad hoc reports as assigned.
- Maintains financial records, including accounts payable and department accounts, in accordance with established accounting procedures.
- Under supervision, processes routine invoices for payment.
- Under supervision, processes complex and/or detailed invoices for payment, contract/grant, telecommunications and complex utilities invoices.
- Provides customer service and support to internal departments and vendors with respect to various accounts payables, receivables, and related accounting inquiries.
- Performs daily follow-up on accounts payable and receivables communications and issues requiring special or urgent attentions
- Reviews purchase orders, invoices, and related information for proper account coding, mathematical accuracy, vendor designation, correct prices and discounts, authorized signatures and other pertinent information.
- Under supervision, enters financial information by computer terminal into automated accounting system.
- Compares computer prepared data against source documents for accuracy.
- Under supervision, reconciles errors and re-enters information.
- Under supervision, prepares payment checks, reviews checks for accuracy, and processes payment.
- Responds to inquiries from tenants, departments and outside vendors, as authorized.
- Reports work accomplished orally and in writing to supervisor as requested.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Graduation from high school/GED required; completion of business school Accounting course preferred
- Two (2) years of experience in Accounting or bookkeeping required.
- Proven expertise in computer systems and data processing.
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and record keeping procedures, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, accounting terminology and basic accounting procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to apply bookkeeping principles and practices to routine accounting transactions.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain routine financial records and to prepare clerical and financial reports and statements.
- Demonstrated ability to read and post numerical data rapidly and accurately
- Demonstrated ability to make arithmetical computations with speed and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions in English/Spanish preferred
- Demonstrated ability to learn to operate a variety of standard office equipment
- Demonstrated ability to learn and follow the agency’s procurement policy.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accountability concerning departmental responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage changing priorities.
- Ability to work extended hours within a stressful and demanding environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of general office procedures.
- Demonstrated proficiency operating an automated accounting system.
- Proven ability to accurately process paperwork according to standardized procedures.
- Demonstrated keyboarding proficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, external agencies, fellow employees and the public. This includes demonstrating courtesy and respect for others, a strong customer service orientation, and maintaining a positive, professional attitude in representing the proper image of the Authority at all times.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve and maintain a satisfactory attendance record, as defined by the Attendance Policy.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
You may apply by emailing your resume toHACHrecruiting@hartfordhousing.org.
Deadline: Open until filled