MANDATORY DIRECT DEPOSIT POLICY
Effective October 31, 2022, all Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) will only be available via Direct Deposit and the Housing Authority will no longer mail paper checks and direct deposit statements.
Guidelines established for Direct Deposit of Housing Assistance Payments.
- Direct deposit of Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) to qualifying owners will be deposited into the owners’ bank account at an approved financial institution.
- Direct deposits can only be sent to a checking or savings account.
- Direct deposit of Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) cannot be set up to go to a third party unless there is a valid management agreement in place. This includes any account where the owner is not named on the account.
- Direct deposit will be considered a condition of subsidy payment received by the owner from the Housing Authority.
- An owner who fails to complete and submit the direct deposit form by October 31, 2022, will be charged an administration fee of $10 to receive any HAP Assistance Payments (HAP) by check.
Why is HACH requiring you to sign up for Direct Deposit?
- HACH has implemented mandatory direct deposit as a cost saving measure.
- Direct Deposit is a faster and more efficient way to get paid.
- No more lost checks, which saves time and money.
How will HACH safeguard my private and sensitive information?
- HACH staff is extensively trained on privacy and security of sensitive data.
- Paper information if filed in a locked file area with limited access.
- Electronic information is stored on a secure network with limited access.
How can I access my payment history?
- Go to the follow website on your computer register and download Direct Deposit Form:
- Complete the registration by following the on-screen instructions. (Registration requires you have an email address). If you are a management company and will need one login with multiple entities you must email HACHLLPortal@Hartfordhousing.org with a username of your choice, an email and the list of entity name and tax-id numbers.
- Once registered, login and view, print, or download your payment history information.
Please download, complete, and return form along with a voided check or bank authorization letter confirming your account and routing number to Melissa Agosto at the The Housing Authority of the City of Hartford 180 John D. Wardlaw Way, Hartford, CT 06106 or by email to email@example.com.