INTERIM RECERTIFICATION INSTRUCTIONS
HACH will process an interim recertification for certain changes in family composition or income. An interim recertification form must be completed when any of the following changes occur within ten (10) business days of the change:
- Family Composition Changes: any household member who moves in or out of the unit, birth, adoption, marriage, divorce, court-awarded custody of a child, or death of family member,
- Increase In Income: from employment, social security, child support, TANF, pension, annuity, family contributions, unemployment benefits, veteran’s benefits, lump sum payments, business income or other source of
- Decrease of income: loss or reduction of any of the above
To request an interim recertification, changes must be reported in writing. All interim recertification requests require completion of the Interim package by clicking here. All forms must signed by all adult household members.
· Paystubs from the new employer or letter from employer listing anticipated start date, as well as pay rate, average hours and frequency of pay. (i.e. daily, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly)
· Verification of new or increased Social Security or other benefit awards
· Verification of new or increased pension or other income increases.
FAMILY COMPOSITION INCREASE:
· Landlord approval letter for person to move into unit.
· Consent to obtain criminal background records form
· Income information of new family member
· Court issued custody documents or notarized affidavit granting custody.
· Social Security Card, Birth Certificate, Current Picture Identification and 214 Declaration
· Separation notice from former employer for income decrease.
· Verification of decrease or denial of Social Security or other benefit award letters.
· Status of unemployment application
· Verification of decrease or denial of pension or other income.
FAMILY COMPOSITION DECREASE:
Notarized statements are NOT accepted
Policies and Procedures:
Approval of a request for interim recertification is not automatic. If you do not hear from your caseworker in 30 business days, please contact her.
- The HCV Program will not process an interim recertification for a household that receives a reduction in TANF income due to an agency sanction. Example: The family’s TANF benefits were reduced due to non-compliance with the TANF program
- You must receive approval prior to adding any person to the household. New members 18 or older must pass a criminal background
- Changes reported within ten (10) days of the occurrence, that result in a decrease in tenant rent will be effective the first day of the following month
- Changes reported within ten (10) days of the occurrence, that result in an increase in tenant rent will be effective on the first of the month following 30 days